Like so many around the United States, and the world, the team at Findmypast is getting ready for Rootstech and the Federation of Genealogical Societies 2015 Conference! Being held simultaneously this year in Salt Lake City, this unique and one-time-only conference promises to be one that you will never forget.
We have a great team all set to arrive in Utah in just over a week. We are thrilled to be presenting several opportunities to get to know our community, and certainly hope that you will join in the fun.
You will be able to find us in the Exhibition Hall (space 304), presenting demonstrations, as well as speaking on the Demo Theater stage.
We also have several great speakers presenting topics that will ensure you get the latest news and the best features of what we offer at Findmypast. Make room in your schedule for one (or all!) of the following Rootstech sessions:
- Friday General Session: D. Joshua Taylor, Director of Family History will start the show on Friday morning as a keynote speaker, followed by Laura W. Bush, Former First Lady and Jenna Bush Hager, NBC Today Show Correspondent. Friday, 8:30am, Hall D
- Crossing the Pond: Tracing Your British and Irish Roots with Findmypast Presented by Elaine Collins, an introduction to the key resources you need to get started on your British and Irish roots. Friday, 10:30am, Ballroom J
- Findmypast Sponsored Lunch Hear Ian Tester, Director of Partner Products, explore the creative opportunities with "Who Do You Think You Are? Story" *Ticket Required* Friday, 11:30am, 155E
- Using findmypast.com to Unlock Your Irish Ancestry The great Brian Donovan will explore the over 100 million unique Irish genealogical records available on Findmypast. Friday, 1:00pm, Ballroom A
- The Findmypast Tree Get the inside tricks and the latest updates on the Findmypast Family Tree, including Hints (now in beta), from Jen Baldwin, Outreach Manager. Friday, 2:30pm, 250D
- Discover Family Stories with FMP and Mocavo A combined powerhouse in the world of family history, learn to use both resources in filling in the details of your ancestor's lives from Michael Leclerc. Friday, 4:00pm, Ballroom G
Josh Taylor and Jen Baldwin will also be speaking for the FGS conference, beginning with the Focus on Societies Day on Wednesday, February 11. Their topics on Wednesday include:
- Successfully Embracing the Future. "Social Media: More than just social" with Jen Baldwin (part of the combined Opening Session with Curt Witcher and Deena Coutant) 8:15am, 355E
- Engaging Your Long Distance Membership with Jen Baldwin, 9:30am 255A
- New Kid on the Block: Embracing Your Society's New Volunteers with Josh Taylor, 10:45am 255B
- Now What Do I Do? Your First Year as a Board Member with Jen Baldwin, 2:45pm 255A
- Tradition and Technology: Finding Your Society's Balance with Josh Taylor, 4:00pm 255C
Additional FGS sessions include:
- Bridging the Gap: Tracing U.S. Ancestors Between 1780 and 1840, Josh Taylor, Thursday, 1:30pm, 355E
- A Pine Post Four Inches Square: Staking a Claim on Mining Records, Jen Baldwin, Thursday, 1:30pm, 255A