This Veterans Weekend, we want to help everyone find their First World War ancestors and learn more about their family history.
So we’re delighted to announce that this Veterans Weekend, we’ll be opening up our archives and giving unlimited free access to billions of records and newspaper pages from all over the world. That means that between 7am on Friday, November 7th and 7am on Monday, November 10th (EST), absolutely everyone will have access to all our historical records, including:
- Global record sets that include census, birth, marriage, and death records from the 1600s to the present.
- Millions of global newspapers spanning from 1710 to 2014.
- Largest collection of local English, Welsh, Irish and Scottish records dating back to 1500.
- Military records dating from 1760, encompassing the Civil War, World War I and World War II.
- Passenger lists and naturalizations, covering the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, and beyond.
- Local histories, genealogies, and exclusive access to the PERiodical Source Index
As well as millions of other records that will give everyone the opportunity to explore their family history this Veterans Weekend.
Findmypast Live Broadcast
This Saturday 8th November, we will be hosting our first ever Live Broadcast - a series of short, live presentations from our resident family history experts and special guests that will ensure you get the most out of your free Findmypast World access. To find out more about our Live Broadcast, head to our Broadcast page, read the programme and speaker biographies on our blog, or follow us on Twitter throughout the day using the hashtag #FMPLive.
If you’re a Findmypast Local customer, you’ll be given free access throughout the weekend to all of our international records, so you can research any of your ancestors who may have moved around the world. Because we don’t want anyone to miss out, we’ll be adding three free days to Findmypast World 12 month subscriptions, meaning everyone has a weekend on the house.
If you have any questions regarding our free weekend or Live Broadcast, let us know on Facebook or Twitter, or contact our dedicated support team at email@example.com. We hope you enjoy exploring all our records for free, and discover more about your family's history this Veterans day weekend!