Waving a fond farewell to a fabulous 2014!
Now that 2014 is almost over, we’re looking back on what’s been a very exciting year for Findmypast. In 2014, we’ve added hundreds of millions of records to our collections, passing the 2 billion records mark in November. We moved to a new platform early in the year, which enabled us to provide you with millions more records, faster than ever before.
Some highlights have included:
- 2.5 million British in India records
- The only complete online archive of Griffith's Valuation records
- 4 million British Trade Union registers
- 31 million English marriage records 1538-1973
- More Petty Session records to complete the collection
- 5 million World War One British Army medal index cards
- 2.5 million British historic school records
- 450,000 incredible new RAF records
- 4 million Yorkshire baptism, marriage and burial records dating back to 1538
- Over 70,000 Honorable Artillery Company records
- Millions more newspaper pages, taking the total to over 9,000,000 newspaper pages from as far back as 1710.
- And much, much more.
As well as bringing hundreds of millions of new records online for our customers to use in their family history research, we’ve also worked on some exciting projects throughout the year, adding new dimensions to our customers’ experiences.
Our free loyalty scheme for 12 month subscribers that offers exclusive discounts, offers, articles and webinars.
Findmypast Free weekend
For the first time ever, we made our records free to view for an entire weekend, providing the perfect opportunity for people to start telling their family’s story for free.
Hall of Heroes
Our weekly celebration of the heroes we’ve found in our records from all over the world.
100 in 100
As part of our commitment to providing as many resources as possible, we released 100 record sets in 100 days, giving our users access to hundreds of millions of new records.
Our promise to release new record sets every single week at no added cost to our users.
A brand new feature on our family tree builder that searches our records on your behalf, adding new relatives, facts and records to your tree.
Our (now sadly finished) celebration of the festive season, with new articles, quizzes and competitions added daily.
It’s been a massive year for us, and we’re delighted that we could have shared it with you.
Thanks for all your feedback and support in 2014, and have a very happy new year!
The Findmypast team