It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Santa is dusting off the sleigh, fruit cake is being produced at an intense rate, and the shops are selling out of everything.
How big a fan of the holidays are you? Put your knowledge of Noel to the test with the Findmypast Festive Quiz!
- Complete the song lyrics. ‘Good King Wenceslas looked out-‘
- On the feast of Stephen
- –raged at the lack of parsnips in his Christmas dinner
- Duh duh crisp and eeeeven
- On some godless heathens
- What was the catchphrase of Ebenezer Scrooge prior to his epiphany?
- Bah, Humbug!
- I don’t believe it!
- Not on my watch!
- I hate you, Butler!
- From what country did the US import the tradition of the Christmas tree in the 19th century?
- Which of these ingredients does not belong in a traditional fruit cake?
- Candied Cherries
- In which year was the first commercial Christmas card produced by Sir Henry Cole?
- Where does Santa Claus live?
- In the hearts and minds of children everywhere
- In a pineapple under the sea
- He doesn’t exist, you fools
- Without checking, how many lords are a-leaping?
- Which of the following isn’t one of Santa’s reindeer?
- What animals are not traditionally present in a nativity scene?
- Which of these is a Christmas film?
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- The Passion of The Claus
- A Nightmare Before Elm Street
- Django Bells
- Traditionally, what color were Santa’s clothes before they became red and white?
- In the classic movie, "Rudolph the Red Noised Reindeer, what was the name of the fortune hunter?
- Yukon Cornelius
- Yukon Charlie
- Samuel Smith
- Merry Miner
You ARE Christmas
You’re so in love with the holidays that Santa checks your Facebook statuses to see what’s going to be ‘in’ this year. Your Christmas cheer could power the tree in Rockefeller Center. Merry Christmas, Christmas lover
You’re pretty Christmassy
Your relationship with Christmas is love/hate. You love this time of year, but you hate how the adverts start before Thanksgiving, and the crowds in the shops. However, when the day comes you’ll be swept along in the magic just like every other year.
You’re not particularly festive
You don’t mind a slice of pie, but only if someone else in the office buys it. You like giving gifts, but the endless holiday music on the radio gets to you after a while. And it’s cold. And the shops are full. And ham isn't so great, why do we have that every year?
Somewhere along the line, you’d had enough of Christmas. The endless eating, the same songs every year, Rudolph and elves on TV all day. Also no one really likes fruit cake, so why does it seem to turn up every year? Humbug, frankly. Humbug.