Ireland Surnames & Family Histories is a rich and varied collection consisting of nine historic family and local history publications. The collection contains over 7,000 pdf images of assorted documents that will help you discover more about your Irish family name and history.
The records are displayed in PDF format and can be searched by title, publication year, and keyword (including names).
The titles included are as follows:
- County Kerry Past and Present - A Handbook to the Local and Family History of the County published in 1931
- Crofton Memoirs, an account of John Crofton, of Ballymurry, Co. Roscommon, Queen Elizabeth's escheator-general of Ireland, and of his ancestors and descendants, and other bearing the name – published in 1911.
- Special Report on Surnames in Ireland - the first official work on surnames in Ireland, published in 1894.
- The Aylmers of Ireland - one of the most comprehensive Irish family histories ever, published in 1931.
- Irish Names and Surnames - authored by Rev. Patrick Woulfe . Woulfe spent 25 years of research gathering the majority of forenames and surnames in Ireland along with notations on their origins, meanings, Irish and English translations, and history.
- O'Hart's Irish & Anglo-Irish Landed Gentry - over 231 family pedigrees, some going back as far as the 12th century.
- Selections from Old Kerry Records (1872) and Selections from Old Kerry Records, Second Series (1874) - historical and genealogical information for County Kerry from the medieval period to the 19th century.
- A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Landed Gentry of Great Britain and Ireland, published in 1863 – detailed genealogies including the heraldic details of thousands of families.
- The Peerage of Ireland, or a Genealogical History of the Present Nobility of that Kingdom - the 'first great printed collection of Irish pedigrees and family history, in which a high degree of reliance may be made'.