Our latest update to The PERiodical Source Index (PERSI) sees the addition of over 16,500 images. We add new images to this rich family history resource regularly, so that you can discover the stories behind the names and dates that are listed in the indexes.
PERSI is a veritable treasure trove of information for family history researchers, not just in the United States but across the globe. This latest updates includes the addition of images to periodicals from areas such as Oregon, West Virgina and Chicago as well as Ireland and Yorkshire in England.
Images have been added to a fascinating range of sources including historical society bulletins, genealogical registers, family histories and much more.
Findmypast's powerful and intuitive search tools allow you to filter PERSI searches by name, location, subject, periodical title, publisher, year of publication and keywords.
13 different publications have had images added to them in this latest update, spanning 87 years of history (1839-1926).
Here's a list of the periodicals updated with images, their publisher, the years covered, as well as a note to say if they are now complete or updated further:
- Archivium Hibernicum, (Catholic Record Society of Ireland), 1912; 1917
- Chicago Historical Society Bulletin, (Chicago Historical Society), 1922-1926
- Everybody's Ancestry, (N. Louise Lodge), 1917
- Friend / Friends Intelligencer, (Friends Publishing), 1839-1849, continues publication already added
- Historic Leaves, (Sommerville Historical Society), 1902-1909
- New England Family History, (Henry Cole Quimby), 1907-1912
- North Carolina Historical and Genealogical Register, (J.R.B. Hathaway), 1900-1903
- Our Living and Our Dead, (Southern Historical Society), 1874-1876
- Salem Press, (Salem Publishing Co.), 1890-1892
- Sources of the History of Oregon, (Oregon Department of Economics & History), 1897; 1899
- Vermont Antiquarian, (Research Publication Co.), 1902-1905
- West Virginia Historical Magazine Quarterly, (West Virginia Historical & Antiquarian Society), 1901-1905
- Yorkshire Bibliographer, (J. Horsfall Turner), 1888
For a full list of the indexes that currently have images included click here
We'll add more indexes and images to PERSI over the coming months as we continue with our promise to deliver the most comprehensive online version available.